Monday, September 29, 2014

What Happens When a Friend Visits: Syd Meets Lou

Having friends visit is always exciting. You get to experience your city through someone else's eyes. Of course, when you're new to the city, this can be different. Sydney came to visit me a little over a week ago, and it was great, but yeah, I definitely got lost a few times. (Really, I just wanted to show her more of the city.) The great thing about Louisville is that when a friend visits, meals are always grand occasions. On Saturday, Syd and I went to three different places and visited Waterfront and the UofL campus in between.

If you want an idea of what your life would be like if you visit me, here is our day in pictures:

For lunch we went to The Cafe.
The main entrance looks sketchy, but don't let that deter you!
The inside and patio look lovely and oddly European.
If you ever go, I suggest the BLT with avocado.
Then again, I think anything with avocado is good.
Also, the cakes looked superb.

Next, we went to Waterfront Park to walk over the bridge to Indiana.

This is what we look like in Indiana. 

Sydney celebrated the end of our long and arduous journey.

While there, we found this house.
We're pretty sure it will show up in a Disney movie one day.

After swinging on a bench swing in the park, we visited UofL's campus.
Syd really connected with the art.

[Insert picture of hole in the wall here--Use your imagination]

We went to Little Jerusalem Cafe with a friend for dinner. It has spectacular, cheap Mediterranean food, but it really is a hole in the wall, sooooo no pictures unless you check out their FB page. (I suggest the chicken kalaya.) 

I'm taking everyone who visits me to the homemade
 pie place because pie is honestly the best of things.

Syd agrees that pie is the best of things.
(She suggest chocolate chess,
and I suggest Dutch caramel apple.)

This, my dear reader, is what happens when a friend visits. (*hint, hint* *nudge, nudge*)


Best,
Haley

2 comments: