Friday, May 24, 2013

London II: Magic

I'm honestly not sure how the rest of my time in London can compare with the last couple of days. I'm in love with this city, my classes are fantastic, and my friends and I have done so many once-in-a-life-time things. We all still have the we-just-got-to-London glow.

Both of my classes (The Making of London and Short Stories in London) went to the Museum of London this week. We focused on Roman Britain in the Making of London and WWII in Short Stories (two of my favorite topics).

This is part of the remains of a Roman fort/wall. The Romans started it and people living in the 1300-1400s and the 1800s (?) (and probably others) added on. The Blitz of WWII destroyed most of it. This is probably my favorite piece from the Roman London section.

We've also...
 Explored London at night

We also tried MacDonald's milkshakes. They really do taste better here.
Fangirled at the set of Sherlock

If you like Sherlock Holmes, you HAVE to check out Sherlock.

Fed a demon duck (bird?)

Please look at his red eyes and reptilian feet.
Visited the Roman/Greek gallery in the British Museum


And watched Les Mis at the Queen's Theatre in West End


Les Mis is one of my absolute favorite books. Don't be afraid of its size.
Also, we only paid 20 pounds because we opted for a seat with a "very restricted view."
Totally worth it. I lost maybe 5% of the show, and it was only when people went off to the side
to have a little conversation.
See? I love this city. I'm pretty sure there's magic here. I mean, one of my teachers accidentally ran into the premier of The Hangover III and saw Bradley Cooper on the screen. Some others accidentally ran into a (royal?) parade.

Of course, after walking around the city for awhile, you soon learn that scarves, good shoes, and warm jackets are your best friends. I've also learned that carbonated water is revolting and that London will make me poor.



No comments:

Post a Comment